Line Chisel Plough 3 to 5 Tines
The Ndume chisel plough is designed to work behind a 50 to 80HP two or four wheel drive tractor. Tines are the easy-flow low draught type.
It is designed with a wheel at the rear to
- depth-control the plough, and
- eliminate the side draught caused by the first two tines. This wheel is adjustable for depth and steering.
Chisel-ploughing the Ndume way means:
- Both wheels are on the surface and not one wheel in the furrow as with a conventional plough
- More Acres cultivated with less fuel.
- Your moisture from the previous season is left underground - where it should be.
- Incorporating crop residue into the topsoil where it should be.
- Eliminating all pans caused by conventional ploughing.
- Reducing erosion because moisture can penetrate deep down.
- Leaves your field in a state that means one harrowing is usually enough for a seed bed.
The Main Frame Material
- 100mm x 100mm high stress box section
- Distance between tines .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. 13"
- 3 point linkage mounting brackets category 2 or 3
- Low draft type tines with reversible spring-steel points
- Each tine is equipped with a 5/8" Shear Bolt designed to shear if large obstacles are encountered (rocks, roots, etc)
- Number of tines 3 - 5
- Under beam clearance 610mm
The Chisel ploughs are manufactured in sizes to suit tractors from 50 - 180 hp.